Monday, March 16, 2009

Pan Roasted Potatoes

If you want an easy side dish this is it. It goes with everything from omelets to steak. It is quick and only takes Potatoes, oil and some spices.
I always have potatoes on hand. We have bags full out in the garage from Nathan harvesting tons he grew last summer. It is such a blessing to have him know so much about gardening and loving it. He has tried new stuff every year. It is my favorite time of year. I will be sharing with all of you how he grows certain things and using them in recipes. I am excited!!
For now lets start with Pan roasted potatoes..
Start out deciding how many you want, and you feel will be enough to feed your family. I used 6 medium and 2 large for this batch and it fed two adults and two kids with some leftovers for breakfast goulash tomorrow.
Wash the potatoes and pat them dry, them cut in the half and slice into cubes, this is how I do it.
Get a cookie sheet out and poor about a 1/3 cup Canola oil on the pan.
Dump all the potatoes in the pan, don't blend with the oil just yet

Sprinkle a tablespoon dried chives, I forgot to take a picture, I think you will forgive me since no one is perfect right=D
Give it a couple shakes of Garlic salt all over the batch, I like lots!
and a couple shakes of season salt.
we like a little kick so I sprinkle red pepper flakes too, this is an option to your liking. then grind lots of fresh black pepper all over.This is where your hands will get dirty.. mix all the potatoes and spices with your hands, flip and rub all the goodness in to the potatoes.
Then spread out in a even layer so they cook evenly put in a 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.

Before you take them out of the oven do a fork check for tenderness=)

When you serve them have a little cheese and sour cream for a little extra yummyness, even hot sauce is good or just plain old ketchup. What ever makes your horn toot.
Enjoy!

~Sassy~

1 comment:

  1. This looks YUMMY! And you make it look so easy. I'm going to try this today!

    ReplyDelete