Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Carrot Cookies

These will be be the easiest cookies you will ever make in your life. I am really quite embarrassed when people ask for the recipe after telling me they taste so good. I wish I could tell them I slaved in the kitchen for hours, that shredding the carrots was the most difficult thing to do in the process..
Well I can't! I have to confess to the simplicity, and when I tell them how to make them they are so excited that is it just four ingredients the look on their faces is priceless.
I could always pull the it's an old family recipe but they are too good and easy to keep to my self!

First go to the store and stock up on these....
Yes this is a cake mix and yes we are making cookies I am not losing my mind I promise.

Then get out a good ol mixing bowl and dump it in.

Then add a half cup of Canola oil, sometimes I have to put in a splash more if it is too dry, in this case 1/2 a cup was perfect.

Then add two eggs. Isn't this egg pretty our chickens started laying eggs again. I was missing these beautiful treasures!

Now mix... Combine till it is moist and all the powder is absorbed.

Now add these... Vanilla chips....

I never measure.. just put in how much you like.

Now bake at 375 for 12 minutes.

They are soft and taste so Yummy! There is not one person I know that don't like these. It is the most popular cookie I make.
They are really good with cream cheese frosting on top, too!

You can also use Devils food mix with peanut butter chips or whatever combo you like, try them out let me know what you tried and how it tasted. =)

~Cyn~

*Full disclosure*
This is not a low fat site. I cook what makes me, my family and friends happy. They like the good sweet things in life so that is what I make. I will try to come up with something low fat at some point=)Feel free to send me your suggestions if you like=)

3 comments:

  1. I've tried replacing part of the oil with applesauce in cake and brownie recipes. It provides the liquid without the fat and does a pretty good job at keeping the original texture. Not too bad! Have you tried it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmm!! and patti, mom, good idea to use applesauce substitute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry, i found your site, and it is amazing! i can't believe you do step by step! thank you! you are AWESOME! anyways, so, this cookie looks heavenly! I ALSO cook what is delicious! SO, i hear you!

    ANYWAY, reading your recipe.. i wanted to share this recipe, that I TOO have people FREAKING Out all the time at.
    it is PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES...

    1 box spice cake mix
    1 can pumpkin
    choc chips.

    k. Beat mix and pumpkin together TILL moist!
    add chips.
    bake at 375 for 15 min.

    (when you plop on cookie sheet, they DO NOT spread, they are round little pieces of heaven!)
    i top with CREAM cheese frosting.

    PEOPLE GO NUTTY FOR THESE>
    they are DIVINE!

    anyways, i also want to say i hull the pumpkin. de seed it, and boil it, so on and so on. BUT it is too simple and it tastes SOO DIVINE! try it out! i totally AM going to try out these carrot cookies! THANKS FOR THAT!!!

    have a great night! xoxo! heather

    ReplyDelete