Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Corn Tamalito

This is so delish! You may have had it before, they serve it at Chevy's Fresh Mex. It is usually on the side of fajitas or combination platter etc. I love it. I always order a side for the girls they love it too, so I thought hey I should try to make it. I did and it is now a Heuton household favorite. I make it with all Mexican side dishes. It looks kinda different but I promise if you like corn, tamales, or anything of the sort you will love this.

Start out with some Instant Corn Flour it is called Masa you will want to use 1/4 cup. Add this to a mixer along with the next couple ingredients
1/3 cup white sugar

5 tabl spoons butter or margarine softened

Cream all this together til it is fluffy
then in a food process add 1 cup of the corn kernels
and 1/2 cup water
blend on high till smooth
add the two mixtures together and fold
Mix in the remaining corn 1 cup

1/2 cup corn meal

1tsp baking powder
1/2tsp salt
4 Tbl spoons milk
mix until the batter is smooth.
Place the baking dish over a large saucepan of simmering water.

Cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap

steam for 50 to 60 minutes, or until firm.
Check water occasionally, and refill if necessary.

Stir with fork before serving to give it a consistent texture, it should be smooth.

Serve along side some yummy mexi dish or eat all by it self you will like it either way.


~Sassy~

2 comments:

  1. I want to try yours..I have never had homemade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Your pictures really help me know what to do and how to do it.

    ReplyDelete